“Personal leadership is the desire of an individual to take charge of his or her own life.” – Greg Thomas (Sociologist)
Personal leadership is about taking charge of your own life and responsibilities. Part of growing as a leader is to be always ready to expand your capacities and strengths. It is also about having the courage to speak up even when you are not sure of yourself. Leaders need to take the courage to push themselves forward and to argue for their point of view. Effective leaders also take the courage to ask for support and make the effort to be well-prepared when facing big challenges. Help-seeking is an act of courage and it provides others with the joy of knowing that they have contributed.
Leadership strategies that influence, engage and encourage excellent performance.
- Define & Communicate Vision. The eye looks, but it is the mind that sees.
- Encourage Recognition. Employees want to feel appreciated.
- Speak from the Heart.
- Delegate & Empower.
- Commit to Continued Education.
How to Be a Great Leader?
- Engage in honest, open communication.
- Connect with your team members.
- Encourage personal and professional growth.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Teach employees instead of giving orders.
- Set clear employee goals and expectations.
- Give direct feedback about performance.
- Ask for feedback on your leadership.
- Be open to new ideas.
- Understand your own motivation.
I personally recommended a book” for How to Be a Great Leader, It’s called “Coach to Coach” by Martin Rooney, the New York Times bestselling author.
Inside the Coach to Coach you’ll learn:
- Learn how to be a great leader by being a great coach
- Create positive lives for your children and the people you work with
- Inspire and motivate the people around you
- Turn your natural skills and talents into your own unique coaching style
- Use proven, time-tested coaching strategies to get results
Disorder holding you back? Well, this manual may be the most important book that you ever read. The power is in your hands! Being organized is the key to succeeding in both your personal and professional life. Whatever “Coach to Coach” will be your go-to resource for learning how to Be a Great Leader.
I’m loving the things I’m learning through “How to Be a Great Leader”. What are some other benefits you’ve experienced? Drop me a line below!