The time management myth is that you have to get more and more done in less and less time.
But that leads you into a vicious cycle with no end. The truth is you will always have more to do than you have the time to do it, and you will drive yourself crazy trying to find better ways to get more done.
The better approach is to manage your focus, prioritizing the important items, and letting go of the less important work that distracts you from true productivity and making an impact in your world.
7 Sneaky Time Management Myths
The first step to reclaiming all those lost hours in your day is to simply identify the myths holding us back. We can’t fix problems we don’t see as problems.
Here are seven of the most dangerous time management myths – and different ways to think about handling them.
- You Can “Manage” Your Time
- You Just Haven’t Found the Perfect System Yet
- You Should Schedule Activity into Every Minute of the Workday
- You Have to Stick to One Task Until It’s Complete
- You Need to Get More Done in Less Time
- You’re Already Spending Your Time the Best You Can
- You Have to Use a To-Do List
How is time management always linked to the lives of successful people?
Time management is about allocating your twenty-four hours in the right place so you achieve the right results. It is the foundation of all successful lives. When you put your focus and attention on the work that will bring you the rewards you want, then you are taking the right steps towards achieving success. Here are 12 ways to successful people Manage Their Time to Achieve Maximum Productivity.
- Keep a laser-like focus on your top goals.
- Hone your self-control.
- Create habits that support productivity.
- Use automation for maximum efficiency.
- Make time for deep work.
- Set time limits for lower-level tasks.
- Carefully consider which opportunities to seize.
- Take a lunch break.
- Structure your day for success.
- Don’t be afraid to say no.
- Find time to recharge.
- Figure out what works for you.
I personally recommended a book” for Discover the time management myth, It’s called “The 10X Rule” by Grant Cardone, the New York Times bestselling author.
Inside “The 10X Rule” you’ll learn:
The 10 X Rule unveils the principle of “Massive Action,” allowing you to blast through business clichŽs and risk-aversion while taking concrete steps to reach your dreams. It also demonstrates why people get stuck in the first three actions and how to move into making the 10X Rule a discipline. Find out exactly where to start, what to do, and how to follow up on each action you take with more action to achieve Massive Action results.
- Learn the “Estimation of Effort” calculation to ensure you exceed your targets
- Make the Fourth Degree a way of life and defy mediocrity
- Discover the time management myth
- Get the exact reasons why people fail and others succeed
- Know the exact formula to solve problems
Disorder holding you back? Well, this manual may be the most important book that you ever read. The power is in your hands! Being organized is the key to succeeding in both your personal and professional life. Whatever your clutter is, “The 10X Rule” will be your go-to resource for learning how to Discover the time management myth.
I’m loving the things I’m learning through “Discover the time management myth”. What are some other benefits you’ve experienced? Drop me a line below!