One of the house chores that I dreaded the most when I was younger was “doing the dishes”, and I am pretty sure many of you would agree with me. The reason why it was the most tedious and troublesome work to do was that doing the dishes did not just simply mean washing the dishes.
It meant having to wash the dishes, the cutleries, the cooking utensils, the glasses and cups and having to wipe out each one of them so that they were perfectly dry before putting them back into their designated places in the cupboard.
The scariest ones were the wine glasses since they had such thin glass stems and rims that could break so easily even when I was wiping them gently, and to make things even worse, they would become smudged by my fingerprints while I was wiping them, which doubled the amount of work involved.
You are on the right track if you are planning to have a dish rack in your kitchen because who doesn’t need one, but once you go out searching for a dish rack that would fit your sink space perfectly, will have the appropriate capacity for holding all your dishes, cutleries and glasses, you will realize that finding the right one is not as easy as it seems, since there are so many variations of dish racks in terms of size, design, and functions.
1. mDesign Large Kitchen Countertop, Sink Dish Drying Rack:
- Large capacity dish drainer: ample room for drying dishes, glassware, tableware, cutting boards, pots and pans; features 12 slots in the metal rack for dishes and 7 hooks on each side for hanging wine glasses, tumblers, mugs and more.
- Adjustable water drainage spout: adjustable water spout moves 360 degrees and can be positioned on any side of the drainboard to send water directly into the sink; this gives you several placement options to best fit your kitchen and sink environment and will help to keep water in the sink and off your counters.
- Clean counters: this three-piece dish drainer with drainboard is the perfect complement to busy kitchens everywhere; generously sized and beautifully styled – it will keep your kitchen countertops free from drips and spills and make washing dishes less of a chore.
- Quality construction: the dish rack is made of strong steel wire with a durable rust-resistant coating; the removable silverware caddy and drain board are made of durable bpa and chlorine free shatter-resistant plastic.
2. KitchenAid Full Size Dish Rack with Drain Tray:
- Multi Functional: Large capacity, designed to drain over any sink or atop a drying mat on the countertop, this dish rack can handle assorted dinnerware such as plates, bowls, and cups and full sized pots and pans
- High Quality: Heavy duty, satin coated, rust resistant wires secure items and soft feet keeps dish rack from scratching countertops
- Easy Draining: Self draining board is designed with the perfect pitch, to avoid water pooling in the rack and is removable for easy cleaning
- High capacity storage: Removable flatware Caddy, with built in, dishwasher inspired handle and adjustable compartments for cutlery and specialty items.
3. Farberware Classic 3-Piece Dish Rack with Drainer:
- Large capacity dish rack
- Holds a variety of cookware and dinnerware
- Soft non slip feet, removable self draining board
- Heavy duty wire holds cups and glasses
- Self draining
4. Tatkraft Helga Two Tier Chromed Dish Draine:
- Two tier dish drainer for 17 plates, 6 mugs and lots of cutlery
- Removable cutlery drainer (with drain holes). Removable drip tray to drain excess water
- Removable glass/mug holder
- Fast assembly, convenient to use, easy to clean
- Durable rustproof chrome plated steel. Dimensions: Height 39 cm x Width 56 cm x Depth 25 cm.
5. Simplehuman Kitchen Steel Frame Dish Rack With Swivel Spout:
- Its large capacity is perfect for handling a family’s worth of dishes
- you can attach rubber feet to the dishrack in order to raise the swivel spout over high-edge kitchen sinks
- This dish drying rack’s rust-proof solid stainless steel frame matches the aesthetic of modern upscale kitchen appliances. And a fingerprint-proof coating helps protect against smudges
- Hangs up to 4 wine glasses — even those extra-large Bordeaux glasses — so they dry quickly and efficiently
- The rust-proof stainless steel dish rack’s utensil holder and soft-coated steel wire frame are top-rack dishwasher safe, and you can clean all other parts with warm, soapy water
- 19.8″W x 17.7″D x 12.2″H – 13.3″ with optional feet attached